Connect is our quarterly newsletter including a focus for prayer, event updates, news, announcements, job opportunities and specific prayer points for our events.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled - Matthew 5:6
We are in the middle of posting a series of talks on our Instagram @strustlife looking at the Beatitudes. It strikes me that the Stewards' Trust family hunger and thirst for righteousness. I guess that's why we prioritise time away with friends and God on houseparties each year. Well, that and the fact that we hunger for a cooked breakfast and biscuits, and thirst for a pre-dinner drink and coffee in our groups!
Seriously though our houseparties are such a blessing and we are so excited to be restarting them this year. Our volunteer host teams have been absolutely amazing.
We're pretty much full but it isn't too late to join us this summer as there are spaces for certain ages on a couple of our family houseparties (check out the Events section of our website) and we want to particularly encourage:
- Those who might normally go to Monkton or what was Fram 2. Why not try a new houseparty this year - everyone will be new in the sense that we've all had three years apart.
- Anyone who has a heart and time to serve this year. We have some spaces on various youth teams (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Those still wavering. Shall we shan't we? You never regret making time for God.
We're looking forward to feasting together on word, worship and prayer with friends and family, and being filled. Come join the party!
Please pray for our work. You can either click this link Team Prayer Zoom and play the short recording, or just read on if you prefer.
Things to be thankful for:
- Our Easter Youth camps were amazing in every sense (so good to be back in person, full with some waiting lists, seeing young lives significantly impacted by Jesus)
- A number of Adult Houseparties have taken place, with wonderful feedback from guests
- We've developed a plan and resources to help grow our mentoring of young people
- Two amazing candidates have been appointed to start our 'Discipleship and Leadership Year' (DLY) starting in September
- Family houseparties will restart this summer
Things to pray for too:
- That summer houseparties would restart well and that any volunteer gaps would be filled over the next few weeks
- That our financial position would hold up during the current challenging economic landscape (having held up remarkably well during the pandemic, donations are down so far this year)
- That we would find a way to reestablish the remaining family houseparties next year as we seek to move from restarting things back to growth
We are pleased to announce that 'Seen, Known, Valued - a practical guide to youth mentoring' has been released.
Mentoring is a key part of our youth work and it's so important, especially post pandemic. Our hope is that the guide will help equip and inspire mentors of all ages within the ST and beyond.
Back to growth
We've been focused on restarting things this year but in 2023 we aim to get back to growing our work, as we were pre-pandemic. Please consider helping us:
- Pray - we'll keep you updated here
- Give - here's how... Donate
- Volunteer - contact email@example.com or keep an eye out for specific opportunities in this newsletter or via @strustlife
Together and with God's help we can help to build His Kingdom. Thanks for all you do already to support this amazing ministry.